We’d like to take a moment away from blogging about gender to pick apart this post about sexuality. I hope you don’t mind.
TW: Identity policing, denial of identities
All of these have seem to become a “trend” which takes away from the real thing and makes it look like a joke, first off. I’m sick of that the most.
Bisexuality- Though I can say I have had relationships with both a male and female, I don’t think you can fall in love with both (if you get where I’m going on that). I think Bisexuality is just kind of an excuse to kiss the same sex without being called gay or homosexual in a way..
- There are more than just “male” and “female”. Bisexuality refers to being attracted two genders. Not “both” genders.
- Er. Sexual orientation and romantic orientation aren’t the same, although they get conflated a lot.
- And you most certainly can be attracted—sexually and romantically—to two genders. Here’s a hint: People who call themselves bisexual? Are actually bisexual people.
- Stop identity policing.
Pansexuality- This is the one that least bugs me. But I see it as a generalization of just normal people. The whole “Don’t care what ‘part’ you have, only what heart you have” thing in my opinion just summarizes people as a whole. Everyone should just love everyone for who they are.. Iunno this one is the hardest to explain. My head is stupid.
Um. Again. Missing the point. And I’m not even sure what you’re saying here.
- Bisexuality isn’t okay, it’s all just “faking”, but pansexuality isn’t? (Shutup Chrome, it’s a word.)
- Pansexual people aren’t these “magical people” who somehow have a greater capacity for love than anyone else. It just means that we feel sexual (or, in the case of panromaticism, romantic) attraction to anyone, regardless of gender identification.
- And pansexuals can have preferences! They can prefer boobs, or dicks, or whatever. I know of a pansexual girl who doesn’t care what parts you have, or how you identify… as long as you’ve got a great butt.
- I’d like to re-emphasize the “not a magical love machine” thing. Pansexual people are not better than other people. And the vibe I get from this post is that’s sort of how you see them.
Asexuality- Humans are born with a sex drive. People get horny whether they want to or not. For some people, however, sex doesn’t even cross their mind. They are romantically involved with someone and don’t even think about it. Does that make them asexual? No. Not being turned on by anything or having no sexual desire isn’t uncommon and in my opinion doesn’t deserve a sexuality tag..
- Asexuals can have a sex drive.
- They can have sex.
- They can ENJOY sex.
- They can be repulsed by sex.
- They can masturbate.
- Asexuality and aromaticism are not mutually exclusive. Asexual people can have romantic feelings; aromantic people can be sexual. Or they can be both!
For all the people asking.
And, here you go. One last piece of advice, free of charge, from those of us here at Dear Cissexism:
- haironahare reblogged this from dearcissexism
- struckbynope reblogged this from azraeldoesnotdispute
- sareisle reblogged this from azraeldoesnotdispute
- azraeldoesnotdispute reblogged this from cawcawmamafricker
- tompresto reblogged this from spookyhouse
- springtiermeulin likes this
- cawcawmamafricker reblogged this from sadademort
- aeronthequeerace reblogged this from dearcissexism and added:
- indoctrinatethemasses likes this
- sydnietm likes this
- inebriated-panda likes this
- okaysional reblogged this from wewereoncegreatm0untains and added:
- axias likes this
- kisskissbigbang reblogged this from lemonlove and added:
- polluxie reblogged this from octorokcockblock
- lemonlove reblogged this from sabreglass and added:
- actualcannibalfayeza reblogged this from outofashirise
- telegraphictransmissions likes this
- outofashirise reblogged this from octorokcockblock
- sabreglass likes this
- octorokcockblock reblogged this from sabreglass and added:
- industrial-illusions reblogged this from wewereoncegreatm0untains and added:
- somethingcrowbars reblogged this from tenko--senpai and added:
- tenko--senpai reblogged this from wewereoncegreatm0untains and added:
- spartanninja reblogged this from measureyourlifeincake
- sonicscrewhead reblogged this from hufflepuffingtardisfumes and added:
- goldeneyedbegger likes this
- raraavislove reblogged this from poetmelancholia
- poetmelancholia reblogged this from wewereoncegreatm0untains and added:
- hufflepuffingtardisfumes reblogged this from ancreatur and added:
- dos-tools likes this
- powerdadgendoikari reblogged this from ancreatur and added:
- ancreatur reblogged this from wewereoncegreatm0untains and added:
- nxtransit likes this
- draconocte likes this
- stylishtwirlwink reblogged this from measureyourlifeincake and added:
- codezilch likes this
- ther0ux likes this
- kirsakarasu reblogged this from sadademort
- katprince likes this
- tomyo likes this
- kiwibat reblogged this from gamzeemakaras-sweet-honking-ass
- circle-of-magi reblogged this from crispychocolate
- coocatfab reblogged this from crispychocolate and added:
- dance0nthe-edge reblogged this from wewereoncegreatm0untains and added:
- crispychocolate reblogged this from geneticlifeform and added:
- 00-seven likes this
- 404fucknotfound likes this
- blind-spectre reblogged this from spookyhouse